In today’s technology world, our smartphones have become an extension of ourselves, allowing us to stay connected and productive. However, now the question is how to turn off iphone without screen? There may be times when you face a problem with your iPhone screen or home button and need to turn it off. Don’t worry; We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll explore different methods to turn off your iPhone when the screen or home button isn’t working. So, let’s dive right in and learn how to turn off iPhone in this situation.
Method 1: AssistiveTouch – A Helping Hand for iPhone Users
One of the most useful accessibility features on your iPhone is AssistiveTouch. It essentially creates an on-screen touch interface that can assist you in various ways, including turning off your device.
How to Turn Off iPhone Using AssistiveTouch:
- Enable AssistiveTouch: Go to “Settings” > “Accessibility” > “Touch,” and then turn on “AssistiveTouch.”
- Access the Virtual Home Button: A virtual button will appear on your screen. Tap it to access the AssistiveTouch menu.
- Shutdown: Tap “Device” in the menu, then press and hold the “Lock Screen” icon until the “slide to power off” slider appears. Click it to turn off your iPhone.
Method 2: Use Siri’s Voice Command
If your iPhone’s screen is unresponsive but Siri is still active, you can use voice commands to turn off your device.
How to Turn Off iPhone Using Siri:
- Activate Siri by saying, “Hey Siri” or pressing and holding the side button (iPhone X and later) or the home button (older models).
- Tell your phone, “Shut down my iPhone,” and Siri will start the shutdown process.
Method 3: Hard Reset Your iPhone
For situations where both the screen and home button are unresponsive, a hard reset can be your savior.
How to Hard Reset an iPhone:
- Press and release the button to quickly volume up.
- Quickly press and release the volume down button on your phone.
- Press and hold your phone’s side (or top) button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. This might take about 10 seconds.
- Once you see the Apple logo, release the button, and your iPhone will restart.
Method 4: Let the Battery Run Out (Last Resort)
If none of the above methods work, you can simply let your iPhone’s battery drain completely. Finally, the phone will turn itself off.
While this method is not recommended due to potential data loss and a lengthy downtime, it can serve as a last resort when all else fails.
In conclusion, knowing how to turn off iPhone without the screen or home button is crucial for those unexpected moments when your device encounters issues. By utilizing AssistiveTouch, Siri, or performing a hard reset, you can regain control of your iPhone even when its primary functions are impaired. Remember, these methods should be employed cautiously, and if the issue persists, it’s best to seek professional assistance or visit an Apple Store for further guidance.
Q. Can I still receive calls when my iPhone is turned off using these methods?
Ans: No, your iPhone will be completely powered down, and you won’t receive calls or notifications until you turn it back on.
Q. Will these methods work on all iPhone models?
Ans: Yes, these methods are applicable to all iPhone models, including the latest ones.
Q. Is it safe to use AssistiveTouch and Voice Control for accessibility purposes on my iPhone?
Ans: Yes, Apple designed these features to improve accessibility and usability, making them safe and reliable.
Q. Can I use AssistiveTouch and Voice Control simultaneously?
Ans: Yes, you can use both features simultaneously to enhance your iPhone’s accessibility and functionality.
Q. What should I do if none of these methods work for turning off my iPhone?
Ans: In such cases, it’s advisable to contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for professional assistance.