Over the past decade, it has become a beauty trend to have bigger and fuller lips. This is the reason for the growing popularity of lip enhancement options. Lip fillers are the most common option people go for but there are a variety of other options to choose from as well. In the following article, we will compare lip fillers with other lip enhancement options.
It is important to choose the right option for your lip treatment as different treatments give different results. So it is essential to do your research before visiting the clinic so you have an understanding of which option will help you get the type of results that you’re looking for. Enfield Royal Clinic in Riyadh will help you get more natural-looking lips that will complement your facial appearance.
Lip fillers are known to be the most common type of lip enhancement option and they help you increase the volume of your lips to make them appear fuller.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is used in injectables. It is found naturally in our bodies and the nature of this acid makes it safe for use.
Types of Lip Fillers
Types of lip fillers include:
- Collagen Lip Fillers
Benefits of Lip Fillers
- Lip fillers can increase the volume of your lips which is usually lost as a result of ageing or exposure to sun.
- Lip fillers are a good alternative for those who are looking for a non-invasive form of lip enhancement procedure.
- Lip fillers have a very fast recovery period.
- They do not have any negative side effects or cause bruising as it is made of hyaluronic acid which is produced naturally in our bodies and it is naturally broken down after some time.
- While selecting a practitioner make sure they are aware of your expectations and desired results.
- Verify their credentials and that the practitioner is skilled enough to perform the procedure.
- While side effects are very rare when getting lip fillers as they are made of natural substances, there may still be a slight chance of swelling or bruising on your lips due to allergies or other pre-existing health conditions.
- Selection of a suitable product is important as different products give different types of results and have different compositions that may or may not last as long so a thorough discussion with the practitioner about the expected outcome is also advised.
For a more temporary enhancement option, people go for lip implants as it does not require a lot of upkeep and they last for a significant amount of time.
If the candidates aim to accomplish prominent and fuller lips the implants can be made from flexible and malleable silicone rubber with a soft texture or a biodegradable option that can easily dissolve over time.
Using anesthesia the practitioner will insert the implant in the outer corners of the lips. This option is best suited for people who want a semi-permanent solution as these can last for a couple of years
Types of Lip Implants
There are a few types of lip implants such as:
- Silicone Lip Implants
- Gore-Tex Lip Implants
- AlloDerm Lip Implants
- SoftForm Lip Implants
- Advanta Lip Implants
Benefits of Lip Implants
- Gives your lips a more prominent appearance that is aesthetically pleasing.
- Lips look more well-defined and full after getting implants. They are very safe and have no side effects.
- Lip Implants heal very fast. (1-3 days downtime).
While lip implants leave your lips feeling thick and juicy several considerations should be kept in mind before going for lip implants such as:
- Like any other treatment, there may be a risk of infection or potential bleeding.
- While the lip implants can last for many years there will be another procedure required to remove the implants.
- It is always a wiser option to opt for a skilled technician who has a lot of prior experience of at least 1 – 2 years, for more promising results.
- While implants can make your lips appear more plump and defined, they do not get rid of lip wrinkles.
In this type of lip augmentation the fat is taken from the person’s own body and then carefully injected into the lips. It is a rather safe option with no infections. The fat can be taken anywhere from the thighs or abdomen.
Benefits of Fat Transfer
- Fat transfer is not as invasive as other treatments.
- Little to no discomfort during the procedure.
- The recovery time is negligible.
- Fat transfer gives results immediately and can last for 1-2 years.
- It helps your lips appear natural and beautiful.
- If a lot of fat is being injected then the downtime will be more.
- Careful considerations to be made before choosing your practitioner wisely to get the results that you want.
- Liposuction may be involved in the process of fat transfer to the lips.
Lip Fillers vs Other Lip-Enhancement Options
The cost can vary according to the location of the specific clinic or the experience of the practitioner. The standard price is SAR 1000 to SAR 5000.
They may dissolve faster in younger individuals as their metabolism works faster but they usually take 6 – 12 months to dissolve.
They can be adjusted according to your preference or even reversed. Results are immediate with negligible recovery time.
It can vary according to the type of implants used. The standard cost of lip implants is SAR 5000 to SAR 15,000.
Lip implants are irreversible so they can last for a lifetime. Aging may impact the shape of the implants.
Lip implants are permanent and they may take 1-2 weeks to recover. However, the results can be seen immediately.
The cost of fat transfer is relatively more as it is an invasive procedure. The standard cost is SAR 10,000 to SAR 20,000.
Since the fat is taken from your own body there are some chances of it being absorbed by your body again So it may require some maintenance after some time.
The final result of fat transfer is lips that appear natural and are aesthetically pleasing that blend perfectly with an individual’s face. After the swelling subsides you can immediately see the results of the procedure.